Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Congratulations to Mr. and Mrs. Rick Yap!

Last Sunday, my fiancée and I had the honor to attend the special day of this lovely couple. PuiYee a.k.a. Mrs. Rick is our close friend as we studied in the same school last time(Form 6 with me) and is also currently my fiancée’s colleague. As for Rick, he is another football fan and we talk a lot on football whenever we meet up. It is just so unfortunate that he is an Arsenal fan but I know he will be there supporting Manchester United in beating Chelsea tonight to lift the Champions League trophy. As far as I know, he always been supporting teams which play open and attacking football. And as for Chelsea, they have been spoiling… (oops, it's running outta topic)

Ok, back to the topic. The wedding dinner is held at Sun Lee How Fook Restaurant, Ipoh. Although I am born in this city, this is actually the first time I get to dine here. The restaurant is famous as they prepare nice delicacies here. Other restaurants that share the fame among Ipoh people on having their wedding dinner are Overseas, Tong Hoi(Menglembu & Iph Gdn South), Kok Thai, Tai Thong and Mun Zhong(behind old Lido & Pasir Puteh).

The married couple is greeted with cheers and applause from their guests when the emcee announced their arrival into the hall. The bride looked so pretty and stunning in her gown and the groom is simply charming.

The dinner went on smoothly throughout the night. There were slides presentation, a great performance from a pianist and followed by the ‘yum seng’ session which for sure would never be missed in any Chinese wedding dinner. But on that night, the main highlight was on the couple where they entertained their guests by singing the old famous Chinese song – 月亮代表我的心 (the Moon represents my heart) by Teresa Teng.

At the end of the day, I would say the whole event is very well planned and organised. Here, my fiancée and I would like to congratulate the couple again and wish you guys to have an enjoyable honeymoon trip in Japan.

No comments: